The process and what you get for your investment
The step-by-step process:
- Together we'll determine your site's structure and from that figure out your site's navigation and content.
- I will send you through a detailed list of the files, images and information you will need to supply to get us started.
- Once all your content / files have been received, I will mock up a home page and one other page of your choice in two different Squarespace templates for you to review.
- Once you have fed back your template preference, I'll start to build your website.
- I'll resize your images (where necessary) to optimise page load speed times (so nobody has to wait too long for the site to load).
- I'll ask for your feedback and then go back and forth to you up to three times for any changes you might want to make. (I’m happy to go back and forth even more if you like, but that will incur extra costs).
- I'll set up the back end with meta descriptions to help Google understand what your site is all about.
- Once you're happy with the site and have given the go ahead in writing, we'll map your website across to your domain name provider and go live.
Once the site has gone live I'll do these things:
- I'll submit your website's sitemap to Google and Bing, the most frequently used search engines.
- I'll set up a Google Analytics account (if you don't already have one). This tells you how your website is performing (in terms of visitor behaviour).
- I’ll give you a one hour training session on how to update and maintain the site yourself (if required).
What I'll need from you
- I'll need you to supply all the content required for your site (i.e. text, images and graphics) and I’ll need you to vouch that you own, or have permission to use, any text, images or graphics you supply to us.
- I'll need you to review the work-in-progress, feedback on it in a timely manner and approve it.